What a nice surprise: I found out on Friday that Apartment Therapy selected my bedroom for their Bedroom Retreat contest. The four entries with the most “favorites” go to the semi-finals, and you can vote for me here if you’re so inclined (thank you in advance!). Deadline to vote is April 1st. I do love my bedroom—it’s much sunnier than the pictures indicate and it contains a bunch of things I’ve accumulated over time. While a constant work in progress, the resources for it’s current look are listed below.
• The slipper chair was a roadside find in Cleveland, scored by my roommate at the time. I eventually wrangled it away from her years later (thanks again Jen—and Ron!). It has been reupholstered a few times, and currently is covered in this Thomas Paul Aviary fabric I got for a steal on eBay.
• The small flower paintings were done by me. The large painting over the bed was a hand-me-down from art school. I’ve always loved the colors.
• Bedspread, pillows, rug, mirrors, window panels and bowls on dresser are all from West Elm, a few seasons ago.
• Small ikat bed billow is from yiayias on Etsy.
• Missoni for Target chevron blanket.
• Dresser is from Past Perfect on Lombard Street here in San Francisco
• White zig-zag tray and candlesticks on dresser were flea market finds—as were the nightstands.
• Lamps are from Target, and the shades are from Restoration Hardware.